Letter of Consent (LOC)

An individual holding a valid pass – Dependant’s Pass (DP), Long-term Visit Pass (LTVP) or Long-term Visit Pass + (LTVP+) will be able to be under employment in Singapore provided that they obtained a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower Singapore.

Who can apply for Letter of Consent (LOC)

Only the employer who is going to employ a Dependant’s Pass/ LTVP/ LTVP+ holders can apply for the letter of consent to enable the applicant to work in Singapore. An employer may apply for a Letter of Consent to allow a Dependant’s Pass/LTVP/LTVP+ holder to work in Singapore. To be eligible for the LOC, the applicant must:

  • be an existing Dependant’s Pass, LTVP or LTVP+ holder
  • the above pass must be valid for at least 3 months
  • have already secured a job offer with a Singapore employer

However, it is important to note that not all LOC applications are approved. Each LOC is assessed on case-per-case basis by the Ministry of Manpower. There are a few factors that may affect the application status:

  • Citizenship
  • Work experience and qualification
  • Age
  • Availability of local candidates in Singapore

An appeal can be made if the application is rejected, however in order to increase the success rate, the issues raised by MOM for rejection have to be address first. Usually it will take 2-3 weeks for MOM to review the appeal.