17 Apr Employment Pass – The Basics
The Singapore Employment Pass (EP) is one of the common work pass issued to foreign employees, business owners, professionals and executives of Singapore companies/ business.
Unlike work permit and S-Pass, the Employment Pass is not under any quota system and there are no monthly levy charges for EP holders. There is no requirement for the companies to have any local employees to apply for a employment pass, hence once the company is incorporated, EP can be applied provided that the EPOL account has been set up.
Who can apply for Employment Pass (EP)?
- Singapore Registered Company or Business
- Foreigners with a minimum fixed monthly salary of at least S$3,600 and have obtained recognized qualifications
However, there are often cases whereby the applications for Singapore Employment Pass (EP) are rejected. The applications are usually evaluated by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) based on the both the individual’s and the company’s qualifications.
The following are indicators that can affect the success rate of the applications:
- Employee’s salary, citizenship, education, previous work experience and skills
- Position of the applicant in the hiring company
- Credential of the company and its paid-up capital
Upon submission of the Employment Pass (EP) application on EPOL, it takes about 2 weeks to receive the result. For paper application, it may take up to 6 weeks for the hiring company to receive the result of the application.
Contact us today to find out how WLP Group can assist you with Singapore Employment Pass (EP) Application!